The Scott Mitchell Scholarship
The Scott Mitchell Scholarship will be awarded annually to a deserving SoundWaters student who has demonstrated leadership skills and a passion for and commitment to the environment.
This scholarship is named in honor of Scott Mitchell, longtime SoundWaters Board member, who served as chair of the Board of Directors from 2013 to 2018. The award honors Scott’s exceptional leadership and his passion for SoundWaters and our environment.
The Scott Mitchell Scholarship is open to current high school seniors who live in Stamford, CT. To be eligible, students must have attended a program, volunteered or interned with SoundWaters at any time in their academic career.
One scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded on June 21, 2023, at the SoundWaters Board meeting.
Scholarship Application info
The application consists of an application form and a series of brief essays submitted via email.
- SoundWaters will award one $1,000 scholarship to a current high school senior.
- The application deadline is midnight, June 5, 2023.
- Students in grade 12 only may submit applications.
- Students must live in Stamford, CT.
- Students must be planning on attending college in the fall of 2023.
- Submit your application and essays to: email@example.com.
- You will receive an immediate email acknowledging receipt and a further email confirming that the submission is complete.
- SoundWaters has full rights to use the essay or portions of it.
- SoundWaters requests a Post-Award Update: scholarship recipients will send an update (what the scholarship has meant to you?) within 10 – 12 months after receiving the award.