The Scott Mitchell Scholarship will be awarded annually to deserving SoundWaters students who have demonstrated leadership skills and a passion for and commitment to the environment.
This Scholarship is named in honor of Scott Mitchell, longtime SoundWaters Board member, who served as chair of the Board of Directors from 2013 – 2018. The award honors Scott’s exceptional leadership and his passion for SoundWaters and our environment.
The Scott Mitchell Scholarship is open to current high school seniors. Applicants must have shown leadership in their passion and commitment to the Environment.
To be eligible, students must have attended a program, volunteered or interned with SoundWaters at any time in their academic career. This scholarship are awarded by SoundWaters in honor of Scott Mitchell. One scholarships of $1,000 will be awarded on June 16, 2021 at the SoundWaters Board meeting.
Scholarship Application info
The application consists of an essay and an application form, submitted via email.
1. SoundWaters will award one $1,000 scholarships to a current high school senior.
2. Application deadline is midnight, April 30, 2021.
3. Students in grade 12 only may submit applications.
4. Student must be planning on attending college in fall of 2021.
5. Write one essay describing how your SoundWaters experiences have influenced you and what you plan to do in your future to make a difference for the environment. (maximum 500 words)
6. Submit your essay and application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. You will receive an immediate email acknowledging receipt and then a further email to confirm that the submission is complete.
8. All information presented in the essay must be original by the student. Plagiarism of any kind will result in disqualification.
9. SoundWaters has full rights to use the essay or portions of it.
10. SoundWaters requests a Post-Award Update: scholarship recipients will send an update (what the scholarship has meant to you?) within 10 – 12 months after receiving the award.