Dive In! to the Tall Ships Ball


The ocean is beautiful, but intimidating.  Relaxing, but turbulent.  Relentless and powerful, but still extremely fragile.  And that’s just what we see at the surface.  Believe it or not, only 5% of the ocean has been explored so of course, at the Tall Ships Ball, we’re going for the other 95% – for the mystery and the wonder, for the beauty and the awe.  We’re diving in, where no one has partied before and we’re bringing barrels of rum, boatloads of fantastic food and a band that’s ready to rock.  So if you’re ready to explore uncharted waters with SoundWaters, pull on your deepest, richest colors, grab your friends and head down to Riverside Yacht Club to join hundreds of fellow denizens of the deep for the party of the year…and don’t hold your breath because this party could go on all night.


Because at SoundWaters, we always party with a purpose.  Your partying at the Tall Ships Ball will allow SoundWaters to confront the issue of our time – climate change – by teaching climate science to thousands of students, build students’ life skills through a curriculum of sailing and academic support and by training young people trying to launch careers in the marine trades.  Together, we are preparing the next generation.  Now that’s purpose!


Friday, May 10, 2024


Riverside Yacht Club 


6:30pm Cocktail Hour and Silent auction
7:30pm Dinner, Program, Live Auction
9:30pm Dancing (the Short Bus) & Dessert
The event usually continues until around 11 or 11:30pm

For more information, please contact Jenna Karpowich jkarpowich@soundwaters.org or 203 406 3302.